- What War? Testimonies of Maya Survivors August 2009, August 2011.
- ¿Cual Guerra? Testimonios de Sobrevivientes Mayas September 2009, March 2012.
- Just a Dropped Stitch, a memoir, May 2010.
- Rosa’s Children / Los hijos de Rosa, an English/Spanish bilingual book with illustrations by the Guatemalan painter, Carlos Chavez. Available from the author.
- Love and Revolutionary Greetings: An Ohio Boy in the Spanish Civil War February 2012.
- Guerra Inconclusa: La Voz de los Sobrevientes published in Guatemala in September, 2015.
- Blessing Impossible, Reform Judaism, Fall 2003
- Hiking, Vermont Ink, Summer 2003
- Coach, Absolute Write, 2003
- The Dump, Literary Vision Magazine
- Next of Kin, Out in the Mountains, February 2004
- On the Trail with Noah, Austin Mama, August 2004
- The Family Business, Celebrating Family History: An Anthology of Prize-Winning Stories, Southern California Genealogical Society, 2005
- Wife?, Chiron Review, Winter 2005
- My Mother’s Jewlery, Bridges: A Jewish Feminist Journal, Spring 2008
- Two of my stories won Honorable Mention in the 2010 Preservation Foundation fiction and travel writing contest: Coach and Mikvah
- Teaching English in Guatemala, StoryHouse Writers Showcase, 2005
- Teaching English a Long Way From Home, Valley News, March 1 2005
- Testimonio, Upper Valley Life, July/August 2006
Webpage including testimonies from Maya survivors of the Guatemalan civil war:
Laurie, I wasw at the presentation of your book last Thursday and we talked briefly on the Jarama march yesterday. If you are interested I wanted to send you some more literature on the Civil War, about an Armenian Canadian brigader. Similar in tone to your uncle’s letters and Jim Neugass’s memories